Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Mantra

I know, it's been forever since I've written.  We've moved once again and are pretty much settled, so I'm running out of excuses and am anxious to start writing MUCH more consistently.  We're hoping this move is a "for good" move and that we will be more stable than we've been in the past few years.  I'm certainly welcoming that idea!

I'm not sure if I ever wrote about some of our family struggles this past year -- mostly with my husband.  He had a serious back injury (herniated disc, compressed nerve), had 2 surgeries in June, then was hit by a errant driver in August and broke his back in 3 places.  Amidst our move and him starting a new job, it wasn't easy.  BUT as I've been evaluating the highs and lows of this past year,  the overwhelming idea "blessings, not burdens" filled my mind.  And I thought that was a fantastic mantra for me to keep in mind this next year.  I'm going to focus on the blessings in life, not the burdens.  I'm going to see the blessings and let the burdens go.  I really love this idea and am happy to have it.

Blessings, not burdens

I'll write some other time. I have much inside to say.  But for now, it's simply Happy New Year!  Hope you find some great idea to guide you this year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment