Saturday, October 29, 2011

Menu Planning


Is anyone good at menu planning?  I'm sure many are.  Maybe even most are.  I'm HORRIBLE at it.  I rebel at the thought of it.  I'm not sure why.  I'm not rebellious in other areas of my life, but I fight being locked into deciding in advance what I'll eat.

I Googled "menu planning" hoping for some counseling with those who fight it, but only found ideas on what to eat, recipes, why it's important, etc.  That's probably helpful.  Maybe I'm just going through a phase (a very LONG phase!)  Organizedhome.com tells me:

  • A menu plan saves money.
  • A menu plan saves time.
  • A menu plan improves nutrition
I want it to tell me how to make a menu that I'll be excited about and how to stick with just eating that!

When I was in high school, I used to make a menu for my family, would do the grocery shopping and all the cooking.  I loved it!  Where did I go wrong?  *sigh!*  I did snack occasionally, but I mostly waited for my meals and enjoyed them.

Somewhere along the line I became a grazer and thought eating around the clock was the way to go.  Meals just got in the way of my eating if that makes any sense.   But I'm thinking that I need to get back to that structure.  I do like structure.  If only I could get myself back to it.

I'm going to work on planning and sticking to a menu this week, not just for dinner, but for all of my meals be it 3 meals or a few more.  I don't require variety.   I don't mind eating the same thing practically every day.  I just need to eat less of it and increase my vegetable intake (which takes planning on my part).  I'll let you know what I come up with.  I can do great things when I put my mind to it -- (Can't we all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment