Sunday, July 29, 2012

Better than Chewing Gum!

Move over gum!  Make way for plum pits!  Really.  I'm serious.  Plums are one of my very favorite foods and I've found that leaving the plum pit in my mouth for awhile afterward is really great.  You're never really able to get all of the plum off of the pit, so it provides for another 20 or so minutes of flavor and teensy bits of chewing as you go.  Just be careful not to inhale too deeply so you don't choke on that pit.



The very best plum in my opinion is the Santa Rosa Plum (pictured above).  Those teensy plums that grow on plum trees around town are also pretty wonderful.  I just saw some the other day while walking across a bridge that I first thought were cherries, but the insides were definitely plum-like.  Super yummy!  


The Pluot (plum/apricot hybrid) is another huge favorite of mine.  They're sometimes known as Dinosaur Eggs, which my kids think is fun.  Pluot pits provide for tastiness after eating, too!

Try it and let me know what you think.

P.S. (Notice I didn't post any photos of plum pits?  They just aren't all that pretty :))

No comments:

Post a Comment