Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My very own Pumpkin Smash a la Jamba Juice!

I've attempted to make my own Pumpkin Smash many times since I first tasted it at Jamba Juice.  It's so incredibly yummy, but only available part of the year.   First I tried making it raw.  Didn't ever come up with anything resembling tasty.  Then I tried several recipes I found online.  They were okay, but never delish.  So I tweaked and I tweaked and I FINALLY came up with a winner.


Jamba Juice-like Pumpkin Smash 

1 c. pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)

1 c. almond milk or your choice of milk (I use   unsweetened vanilla by Blue Diamond)

3 c. vanilla soy creamy (Trader Joe's soy ice cream, you can use vanilla frozen yogurt, soy, coconut or ice cream)

1 c. ice

1 t. pumpkin pie spice

1 t. cinnamon

Blend like crazy in your Vitamix, BlendTec or other power blender.  Super yummy!

(If you want it a bit healthier, you can sub frozen peaches for 1/2 of the soy creamy.  It's still yummy!)






 I love Pumpkin Smash smoothies, but my daughter Terra loves them even more.  Maybe it's because it matches her hair color or that she loves EVERYTHING pumpkin.  But it truly makes her as happy as she was on this rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment