Monday, August 18, 2008

School on the horizon


This is the last week of summer vacation and even though I enjoy the change of pace, the sunshine, and the freedom to take off when we like to, I miss the routine of school and having some time to myself at home. I've never completely had time to myself at home, (well at least not for almost 18 1/2 years), but it's a lighter load when my school-aged children are at school.

My youngest son will start Kindergarten on Monday and he's more than ready. I don't know if he'll come close to sitting still or keeping his racing thoughts in his head, but he definitely wants to be a part of it and is just itching to be there. It will be fun to see how he progresses without his given role of the baby of our family.

I won't be completely alone at home while he's at school because my husband works from home. I think I'll enjoy the times he goes out to lunch with a friend or leaves to run an errand -- having the house comPLETEly to myself. But I really do enjoy having him home with me. I love talking with him, having him come downstairs for lunch mid-day. Very pleasant, very nice.

I guess I'm telling you all of this to say that once school starts again, I'll have more time to write -- more time to focus my thoughts. I've missed writing as much as I was writing before. (I had problems with that sentence -- had to try a few versions to avoid that last phrase looking like an adverbial phrase with "as much as I had before." Fun to keep my brain going here late at night :)). TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. We'll be looking forward to more Renee, all of the time! So I guess you had one leave the nest, and now another leaving the daytime nest.

    I thought you must've been preoccupied lately. Once we go professional, we can hire scribes to take dictation and do the data entry for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for missing me Rusty. I missed the flow of writing too (and some quiet time each day).

    ReplyDelete