Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time? (Raw Lemonade Recipe)

Oh what do you do in the summertime
when all the world is green?
Do you fish in a stream or lazily dream
on the banks as the clouds go by?
Is that what you do? So do I.

Oh what do you do in the summertime
when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool to keep yourself cool
or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do? So do I.

Oh what do you do in the summertime
when all the world is green?
Do you march in parades or drink lemonades
or count all the stars in the sky?
Is that what you do? So do I.

I used to sing this song when I was little. I just love the memories it gives me of sunshine in the summer! I live in a cooler summer climate now, but we celebrate like no other when that sun comes out and brings the temperature up to even barely 80 degrees. Just love it!

I've been capturing that "Lazily dreaming" part this week. I have not been very productive at all! I was in L.A. last week with that infomercial filming and thought I'd just dig in this week with organizing and cleaning since my focus was away from that before the trip. But that hasn't been what I've been doing. I'm just enjoying the summer. It won't be here forever.

I've been writing quite a bit about my trip last week over on the Video Fitness (VF) Forum. I will post it here once I get some pictures to go with it. I thought I was so prepared for my trip by bringing 2 extra sets of batteries for my camera. I even emptied out my memory card (even though it only had maybe 5 pictures on it :)) before I left. I kept wondering what I'd forget. You know how every trip, you get there (or are on the way) and think "Oh, no! I forgot my razor!" (or pajamas, or underwear, or whatever -- these have all happened to me).

Once I ended up with no shoes on a trip to L.A. I did bring the pair on my feet, but we stopped off at a river on the way down and one of my shoes fell out of the car onto the river bed and we drove off without it. I rode all the way to L.A. without shoes and bought some at Target when we got there. The greatest part of that story was that we couldn't check to see if they were there on our way back because we drove back a different route. But a few weeks later when my husband traveled that same road, he stopped along the river, saw a spot where someone had built a fire and there was a collection of things someone had gathered along the shore. In the pile was my shoe! I got it back -- yay!

Anyway, this time I kept thinking "Did I forget this? Did I forget that?" and couldn't come up with anything. I was so well prepared. But the day we got to the studio, I took out my camera and it said, "No memory card" -- I'd left it in my computer!!!!! So I didn't get to take a single picture. But the other women did and they promised to send them to me. So far . . . nothing. But I haven't given up! I'll be sure to post about it all soon.

I should post a great raw recipe for lemonade while I'm here talking about summertime and lemonade. Here's a simple one I learned from Alissa Cohen:

Juice 4-5 apples
(Granny Smiths are great; others are fine too)
Add 1 big lemon into juicer

Drink up! It's super refreshing and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment