Monday, July 14, 2008

Raw Recipe -- Rocky Road Ice Cream / Mousse


I promised (well, actually just said, but I feel like it was a commitment or promise) that I'd make my Raw Rocky Road ( I'd call it "Rawky Road" if I were like a lot of other raw foodists, but that just seems so corny to me :)) recipe yesterday and would post it here for you. Well, I ran out of raw cacao! So I didn't.

I have some more cacao coming from Amazon -- most likely this week. I'll just post the recipe now anyway and will take a picture to post of the actual goods when the cacao gets here. I could attempt it with my cacao nibs ground up, but whenever I've tried making fudge that way before, it didn't turn out very powdery -- it was more rubbery and gave way too strong of a chocolatey taste. So I'll just wait for the mailman to bring more.

Here's the recipe. If you freeze it, it's ice cream, if you refrigerate it, it's pudding. I'll just call it "ice cream" for now since that's my favorite way to eat it.

Raw Rocky Road Ice Cream

Meat or Insides of one Thai Baby Coconut (scooped out into a bowl)
1/4 c. dates (soaked in water, then drained)
1/4 c. cacao powder
1/4 c. almonds
2 T. agave nectar

Blend it all into a food processor until nuts are mostly blended smooth. You want some nuts blended into the cream and some left chunky for that rocky road feeling. Freeze until firm for super yummy ice cream that will last you a few days. Just refrigerate if you want to try it as mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment