Thursday, March 26, 2009

No Guilt -- Good thing or Bad thing

I was awake in the middle of last night, pondering way too many things. One was what if someone never has guilt with eating low nutrient foods or even damaging foods. Is that a good thing or bad thing? You see it all the time -- the "Eat, Drink, and Be Merry" mentality. Do it today and don't worry about tomorrow. That's not the most healthy approach to be sure.

The more I thought of it though, it comes down more to knowledge in the first place. If someone has an understanding about nutrition and what the Standard American Diet is doing to the health of Americans and more personally to him or herself, then that person will be better able to make healthy choices and evaluate unhealthy habits. Dr. Furhman says that healthy eating isn't about will power, it's about gaining knowledge and using that knowledge to improve your health (and your family's health).

I've always wondered if I could write a short post. I'll try to stop here and see if I'm tempted to add on more later on. Brevity is not one of my strong points.

No comments:

Post a Comment