Monday, June 22, 2009

Writing a book!

Well, it's official -- I'm writing a book! I just wanted to let you know so you could say you knew me when :). My husband is an artist and I love to write. We have 6 children and feel like we're pretty good experts on what kids love.......and I've always wanted to write books. So I'm going to merge that desire, his drawing talents, and my undying passion to help others eat healthy foods by writing some children's books that somehow teach children to eat real food, but in a fun way.

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but have been afraid of failure. Pure and simple. That time is over. I may still fail (at first anyway, and maybe over and over), but I'm going to get my pen rolling and will keep going until I find a way to make it work. Fun stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Rene! I've been reading your blog for a while now, (and posts on VF) and you obviously love to write. You're a great story-teller!

    I know exactly how you felt in terms of fearing failure -- I have several unfinished novels and projects because I can't stand the idea of them turning out badly.

    I hope you and your husband will have a lot of fun and that your book will be a big success! We can definitely use more encouragement to eat well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. You and Scott are the perfect team to do this. Good luck! And let me know when they print because I want to buy them for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I wrote about this in my blog about amonth or so ago. I want to write childres's books. I have a friend who is an artist and I love to write. My kids want to help me with the topics. I think it will be more moral type books. Not sure yet but it is funny that I saw this post of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete