Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rebounders -- Great Modifiers!

The older I get, the more I want to modify my cardio workouts here and there.

I have a knee issue on my right knee -- nothing major, but enough to know when certain twisting movements will be a problem.  I don't mind high impact exercises like plyo jumps, but some are not as stressful on my knee if I use my rebounder.  And sometimes, I just want variety from my usual workouts and my rebounder can provide that.


Here are some things I like to do - -

  • Take a cardio/weight circuit workout and make it all cardio by getting on the rebounder during each weight section.
  • Use the rebounder during HiiT (High impact interval training) workouts when my heart rate is getting up too high and I need more time to recover.  I just rebound through an interval and start up again with the floor or step work when I am ready.  
  • When my brain needs a break from a choreographically challenging workout, I get on the rebounder to just run with high knees, do jumping jacks, air jacks or tuck jumps so I don't have to think for a bit, but can still work hard.  I can go back to the step or kickboxing later when I'm ready or just finish out the workout on the rebounder.
  • Rebound for a quick warm-up and sweat before doing yoga.  It loosens up my body so I'm more flexible from the start.
  • Put on an old sitcom dvd (I have quite a few dvd sets from the 60's) and watch one or two while rebounding.  If I watch two, that's about a 45 minute cardio workout and I do some ab work and stretching afterward.
I have the Reboundair -- the basic one that doesn't fold on the trampoline frame, but the legs fold under so it can store flat under my bed or against the wall.  I've had it for probably 10 years now (paid under $200 -- they probably cost more now) and it's still in great shape.  My kids enjoy jumping on it from time to time, too!

2 comments:

  1. Trampoline is a great exercising tool and give much fun to us. If you burn out your calories then you can jump on it. Trampolines are becoming popular to get fit. If you think to buy a trampoline then review the best trampoline before buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are able to perform the trick, play continues down the line of players until someone is not able to perform the trick, or play comes back to the first player. If all players are able to correctly perform the trick down the line of players, then the second player in line will perform a trick.
    BEST TRAMP ONLINE JUDGE

    ReplyDelete